BIGboy™ Dechlorinator & Sediment System
Removes up to 99% of chlorine and 95+% of sediment
- High flow rate of 7 gallons per minute or 420 gallons per hour
- Inlet and outlet pressure gauges to monitor clogs and filter life
- 25,000 gallon capacity
- Built in the USA
- Heavy duty wall-mountable carbon steel bracket
- Pleated, cleanable sediment filter
- 1" inlet and outlet for whole house application
- Filter wrench
- Replace housings every 3 years
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 27.5" x 14.25" x 7.5"
- Weight: 28.5 lbs
- Tariff: 8421210000
Filters & Replacement SchedulesSediment Filter
- Clean regularly & change bi-annually
- Replace after 25,000 gal
- Replace after 7,000 gal
HydroLogic Blog Articles
Part Number: HL 31005
Q: Which style of BIGboy™ do I have?
Q: Why isn’t my smallBoy™, TALLBoy™, or BIGboy™ reducing my PPMs?
A: These reduce up to 99% chlorine, sediment, rust, silt, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), mercury, lead and PCBs (organic chlorine). In order to reduce PPMs (parts per million) one needs to purchase a reverse osmosis (RO) system such as our Stealth-RO150™, Stealth-RO300™ or Evolution-RO™.
Q: Can I drink the water out of my smallBoy™, TALLBoy™ or BIGboy™?
A: This depends on what type of contaminants you were hoping to filter out. These 3 systems are dechlorinating and sediment filters, they do not remove PPMs (parts per million) or harmful contaminants such as pharmaceutical residue, pesticide run-off or arsenic to name a few. This means that if your source water is not approved as drinking water (such as a stream or pond), then these systems will not make it safe. You may need to use a UV sterilizer and/or reverse osmosis (RO) to make this type of water safe to drink. If, however, your source water is city water or well water that was approved for drinking before it ran through the system, then it is still safe to drink—probably even safer!